Thursday, April 5, 2012

Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson #2) by Patricia Briggs


Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2)

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs

Book Stats:

Reading Level: Adult
Genre: Urban Fantasy/PNR/Fantasy
Format Reviewed: Mass Market Paperback
Publisher: Ace
Release Date: January 30, 2007

Series: Mercy Thompson #2

Source: paperbackswap.com

Under the rule of science, there are no witch burnings allowed, no water trials or public lynchings. In return, the average law-abiding, solid citizen has little to worry about from the things that go bump in the night. Sometimes I wish I was an average citizen...
Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places-and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary-and neither is the demon inside of him.

Why I read this book?: I just recently read the first book in this series, Moon Called, and enjoyed it so much I immediately picked up the second book.  Which is pretty amazing considering usually I have to read something different in between books in a series.

What I liked?: As always, Mercy Thompson is my heroine!  What I really loved about her in this book is that she took her "devil may care" attitude and used it to kick even MORE ass in this book than she did in the first book. She's so "real" even though she is a shapeshifter.  I feel I could be friends with her, if she existed in real life. In the first book the bad guys were bad but in this book the bad guy(s) were even badder than that!  The action is fast-paced and the mystery is great too.  Usually, I'm lukewarm on love triangles but I think in the case of this series it works really well.  Though I'm growing increasingly lukewarm on Samuel.  But at the same time I'm growing more in "book boyfriend lust" with Adam.  I really like the road that Stefan is traveling down, storyline wise...I can hardly wait to see how it/if it plays out.  A lot of the secondary characters are starting to grow on me, even Ben...maybe he isn't so bad after all.

What I disliked?: I'm really starting to dislike the whole vampire seethe, with the exception of Stefan of course.  Other than that I really don't have much in the way of negatives for this book.

Overall Impression: I might just have to come up with a whole new rating for series/books like this!  LOVE this series so much I'm going to go grab book three off of my shelf as soon as I post this review.

Rating:  Hand over the Paycheck!

Recommendation: I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a kick ass heroine who isn't afraid to get into harms way for the "people" that she cares about.

Like this, Love that: Charlie Madigan series by Kelly Gay, Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost

1 comment:

  1. Love your enthusiasm! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my review of Blood Bound. It's always fun to compare notes. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me Goose.....

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate them and will do my best to respond to your comments in a timely fashion.