Monday, March 26, 2012

Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik

Epic Fail


Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik

Book Stats:

Reading Level: Young Adult
Genre: Contemporary Young Adult
Format Reviewed: Paperback
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: August 2, 2011

Series: N/A

Source: Personal purchase


Will Elise’s love life be an epic win or an epic fail?

At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Case in point:

As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school—not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.

As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn’t exactly on everyone’s must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.

When Elise’s beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince’s best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long.



Why I read this book?: I saw the cover for this book while cruising Goodreads and thought that the idea for the book was very interesting.  I was out last week at our local re-sale bookstore and found a copy that I purchased.

What I liked?: I really liked Elise and her sister Juliana.  They have a really close relationship and not even boys can come between them.  I also really liked that Elise had a pretty great sense of humor. I've been reading a lot of YA books lately that seem to have a considerable amount of Insta-Love in them...That was not the case in this book between Elise and Derek.  Elise actually thought that Derek was a jerk for awhile even. Juliana and Chase started out as friends and their relationship grew from there but I wouldn't call that Insta-Love either.  I think the best part of this book was that we all have "crazy" family members, you'll have to read the book to find out what I mean.

What I disliked?: Webster Grant!  What a prick!  I also thought that there was a fair amount of superficialness and stereotyping in the book as well.

Overall Impression: This was a quick fun read that I enjoyed a lot.


 
Rating: Wait for Payday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me Goose.....

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate them and will do my best to respond to your comments in a timely fashion.