Monday, March 26, 2012

Against the Wind (Raines of Wind Canyon #1) by Kat Martin

Against the Wind (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #1)

Against the Wind by Kat Martin

Book Stats:

Reading Level: Adult
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Format Reviewed:  Mass Market Paperback
Publisher: Mira
Release Date: December 28, 2010

Series: Raines of Wind Canyon #1

Source: Swap


They were known as the "no-account Raines boys" but they've grown into successful, honorable men and everything they have, they've fought for tooth and nail. Now each of the three brothers has one last obstacle to overcome to claim what's eluding them: love.
 
Secrets don't stay buried long in cattle country. Sarah Allen, the beautiful girl who humiliated Jackson Raines in high school, is back in town. Not so long ago, she couldn't wait to leave Wind Canyon, Wyoming, in her dust. But, recently widowed, she has nowhere else to go and finds herself on Jackson's ranch. And despite everything, Jackson's finding himself reluctant to get rid of her.



Why I read this book?: I got this book in a swap on the former bookswap on Goodreads.  I wanted to read this series when it first came out and was able to get a copy of the first 3 books in the series.

What I liked?: I really liked all the suspense that was in this book.  It starts right away, basically on the first page and continues on full speed ahead through the course of the book. I really liked Sarah and Jackson as a couple.  They have history and it was nice to see them grow past their troubling pasts.  I also really enjoyed Jackson's little brothers, while they don't play a huge part in the first book the little bit that they were in the book they made things interesting. Sarah's little girl Holly was so cute too. What I really liked about this book was that the REAL bad guy wasn't obvious.  You think you know but then something happends that makes your assumption completely wrong.  LOVED that part.

What I disliked?: At times I felt that some of the things that Jackson and Sarah took part in were borderline vigliante.  I also disliked Detectiver Mercer AND Sarah's deceased husband Andrew.

Overall Impression: I think that this book was really good beginning to this series. I wish Jackson's brothers were in it a little more but they get their own stories, which I can hardly wait to read.


 
Rating: Break the Bank!

Recommendation:  I recommend this book to anyone who loves a good romantic suspense novel or anyone who enjoys a good Western romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me Goose.....

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate them and will do my best to respond to your comments in a timely fashion.